ABIDE

Hey sis,


Wanted to share some scripture with y'all today as this revelation blessed me and hope it can be of a blessing to you.
Let's go into John chapter 15:


“Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing” (John 15:4-5).


I have read this scripture so many times, and it wasn't long ago I had to ask myself what does it really mean to abide in Christ?
This verse says that Christ is the vine, and we are the branches in union with Him who are told to “abide.”


A mistake that I made when reading this (and I don't think I'm alone), is I tried to figure out what do I need to do in order to abide, but that we are to receive.


What are we to receive?
The fruit, the nourishment that is needed for our lives which comes from the vine = Jesus.


My ability to bear fruit was never the focus.
The focus is the vine, the source.

The focus was if I was to be removed from the vine, then my fate is sealed.  
We can rest in Christ and his ability because of his phenomenal love for us.


We can do nothing in our own efforts. We can try all we want, but what happens is we soon run on empty. We will then frustrated but go on to try different methods/tactics getting the same result and it turns into an exhaustive cycle.


As we get to know and abide in Jesus we are guaranteed to bear fruit. Thanks to him we are able to absorb and enjoy all we need to produce fruit as his life and spirit flows into us. Jesus said, This is possible and is available for you today.


Rest in this love that is free to receive today, and he will see to it that you bear the fruit that is intended for you.


With love,


Drea @ SheReformed xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Girls - A letter from Steven Mcleish

LEARNING FROM SEASONS: MALACHI 3:6

KNOWING HIM: DELIVERER