Making Good Habits, Breaking Bad Habits: 14 New Behaviors That Will Energize Your Life #SheReformedReads

Hey fellow booklovers,

Today I am sharing another book recommendation from one of my favourite authors Joyce Meyer. One thing I love about Joyce Meyer besides her no nonsense approach is that she has a way of making you feel like she is talking to you directly and knows exactly what's going on in your mind and heart. She is relatable and conversational in her writing, something I think a lot of people can resonate with in her books.
In her teachings and sermons she is known to have tough love approach however her message has always been that no matter who you are and what you have gone through, you can do better and that you absolutely can enjoy your life. 










 This is a book that instigates action and builds you up where you're saying to yourself - the only person in my way is me and the enemy who loves to get in my way.
One thing I personally got from reading this book was realising just how much my habits were holding me back.

Something Joyce said that was so powerful is that our words affect us and the people around us. They also affect what God is able to do for us. We cannot have a negative mouth and a positive life.







As people and perfectionists we can limit ourselves by having a habit of giving up before we even try, or we might have a habit of talking down to ourselves. God knows our potential and has the final say of what we are capable of doing, not people. For me it is liberating to think that it's only Him who can put limitations on us (not people!). He sees far more in us than we allow for our lives.






This book was insightful and a blessing to read and it really got me reflecting about the bad habits I have and what I can do to improve and take action.
It made me realise I have quite a lot to work on! BUT I have the best helper on my team to encourage and guide me.
Like many of her books, this is one that should be read more than once because there is so much to be gotten out of it.



What have you currently been reading? I'd love to know!


Chloe @ SheReformed x

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Girls - A letter from Steven Mcleish

LEARNING FROM SEASONS: MALACHI 3:6

KNOWING HIM: DELIVERER