GOOD FOOD FOR THE SOUL

Hey sisters,

It is my prayer that you are well and keeping safe during these times, I am blessed that me and my family have been well by God's grace. But I'm also tired. 

I am tired of the injustice, of the political noise that is bombarding the media here in the US, of videos seeing black men getting killed, of the pandemic.
Hearing these things over and over again every day has turned into a exhaustive cycle that I cant seem to get away from. 

During my devotional time with God one morning, I brought all these things to Him. I was tired even in my prayers and in speaking to Him but I knew I had to lay it ALL out. 
And as I did, I felt a refreshing over me. This is what the word can do for us is we spend time plugged into it on a consistent basis.

The word is: 

Food for our souls (Jeremiah 15:16)
Lamp for our path (Psalm 119:05)
Fire that purifies (Jeremiah 23:29)
Milk that nourishes (1 Peter 2:2)

Over the past few weeks I have been a LOT more intentional:

Going for walks around my neighbourhood and using that as an opportunity to talk to God and meditate on His word. 
Tip: YOUVERSION can read the bible aloud to you so why not try that as you go for some exercise?
Reading some of the word before turning on my phone or looking at social media 

We need to speak the word, rest in, lean and focus on the word if we are wanting our souls to be fuelled up with "the good stuff": with the right attitudes, behaviours and mindsets. I am guilty of being overwhelmed with distractions which will take place precedency over God's word. 

I hope this post can be of some encouragement to you 

With love,

Ayanna @ SheReformed x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Girls - A letter from Steven Mcleish

LEARNING FROM SEASONS: MALACHI 3:6

KNOWING HIM: DELIVERER