KNOWING HIM: PROMISE KEEPER

Dear reader,

Being honest with you here, there have been many times in my life where I made promises that I didn't see through or keep, as well as hearing and receiving promises from others then turn out to be disappointed when they fell through.
When promises are broken, so often is our faith and trust in the person also.

One thing I learned with God however - is that He is not like what we experience on earth, He cannot be compared to how people have treated us or not treated us.

God does NOT and has never went back on His word.
What comfort and encouragement we can take from that.

"As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." (Isaiah 55:10-11)

We can be encouraged with His word - that what He will say will come to pass, He will accomplish the promises that He has made and words will not return to Him EMPTY.



Ok sure, we may not know HOW or WHEN God will fulfil His promises. But this is when trust steps in, when we have faith that surpasses all understanding and by knowing who He is as well as what He said will keep us firm in faith.



Stay encouraged,


Chloe @She Reformed x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Girls - A letter from Steven Mcleish

LEARNING FROM SEASONS: MALACHI 3:6

KNOWING HIM: DELIVERER