SHE REFORMED MEETS SHIRINA CARSTENS

Shirina Carstens is a well recognized speaker and humanitarian based in London, UK who has travelled around the world giving talks, coaching and inspiring others with her testimony and life experiences.

To kick start our "She Reformed meets" series for this blog, Chloe had the opportunity to talk to Shirina regarding her work and to find out a little bit more about her!




Hey Shirina, thanks so much for taking the time out your schedule to talk to us! First things first: How did you get your idea or concept for your movement?


So initially my movement came about from a previous business I ran (Beauty from within) which was a theatre company that focus on doing dramas based on the taboo subjects that we as humans hide from such as suicide, self worth etc. During this time I would host the event, from here when we ended people would ask me to speak at their events sharing my story as I did at my own event. From here I kind of fell into speaking literally before I knew it I was doing several talks. I also would share regularly on Instagram about my skin condition vitiligo to help and inspire other people with it who wasn't as confident with it. This also brought a lot of attention my way that I didn't expect. During this process I really wanted to be meaningful and desired my purpose, so I took time out and then found what I really wanted to do and how. This is where I'm at now.




 That is amazing! What is your vision behind your movement?



My vision has always been to help people through my personal experience. Letting people understand it's not where you start in life but indeed where you finish that is important. When I started beauty from within I had just come out of a mental break down, so I wanted everyone to know it's possible to change your life if that is your wish. My mission now is to show people how to overcome not just situations, but mental barriers, trauma and various other things that block from living in our truest form.

What a vision! What motivates you when faced with challenges and obstacles as an entrepreneur?

My purpose in this life is I'm a solutionist, so any problem I'm faced with I KNOW I have the answer. I may cry, shout, give up (for 2 seconds), pray, give God a altermatum (lol), but ultimately I try different things. when I find something really hard I take a break, I also ask other people that I trusts point of view. I'm not a lover of motivation to be honest I think it can be a momentarily thing based on emotion. So for me before I go for any task I put something in the way as a incentive such as a spa break, holiday, an awesome day out. So when it gets tough i remember what I will earn once I complete it. It would be something that I really want.

I love that answer. What is your favorite aspect of being an entrepreneur and influencer?

I love inspiring people and then seeing the ripple effect of it in their lives. I love to give and see people so happy. I love meeting the variety of people that i meet. For my personal life it gives me the flexibility to be a mother to my 7 year old daughter. 


Who has been your greatest inspiration?

Hmmmm....I have a uncle who is very inspiring but in all honesty it's the life I had when I was younger coming from the care system and having people not expect very much of me due to it. It made me want to make sure my daughter never endured some of the things I did. Having a mental break down learning anyone can snap I wanted a more peaceful life. But to name a few  people Oprah Winfrey from a young age, Tyler Perry.


 How did you come up with the name ?

Well I have additional businesses which the names were more meaningful, my speaking is named after me as I am the brand.

What has been the best life advice you've ever been given?

Always share love and give as what you sow you shall reap.

Amen to that! I've been looking forward to asking you this question: What would your personal advice be for a woman who is unsure if she should start up her own business, or who is thinking of becoming an entrepreneur?

Haha...I got asked this recently.
1. Whatever you are choosing to go into you have to have 1000% passionate about it. I'm not talking the type while it's In your happy but then when it's not you can't be bothered with it. I'm talking that thing you would do for free regardless because it means so much to you. Becoming an entrepreneur a REAL entrepreneur not insta famous but REAL is hard, hard work!!!! You will have multiple ups and downs, make sure you are ready for it.

2. Research the arena you want to enter. Make sure you are very knowledgeable, or at least have a network of people who are.
3. Make sure you save some coins for your living, as much as when we get an idea we want to run with it. Truth is the vision costs money and whilst that is happening unfortunately your gas and electric don't help you out bills are still due and if like me you are a mother then you have a child to feed also. Something I did for a business venture that is coming out shortly. I worked on it for nearly 3 years YES PAINSTAKING, the idea even got stolen in this time (make sure you idea is safely guarded copy written)however what god has created you to do only you can do! so in that time I researched, put money in and down for the project, gain investors, business partners, partnerships and even a TEAM! so now when I come out it will be much easier no coming out to one month later have to pull back. Let me tell you sacrifice pays! I would never of gained all that if I ran with the vision 3 years ago! When it got stolen, that gave me the opportunity to revamp what we had and boy did GOD revamp it. It's now something I couldn't even of dreamed of.
DO NOT RUSH THE PROCESS, IT WILL HAPPEN. 


So much gold there that will surely help a sis out if that is where she believes her calling is, thanks for sharing! Lastly where can we find you?



On my Instagram @scbuilds_
 






 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Girls - A letter from Steven Mcleish

LEARNING FROM SEASONS: MALACHI 3:6

KNOWING HIM: DELIVERER